Sunday, December 5, 2010

Garage Door

I bought a new Chamberlain garage door opener on Fri, after two days of our old one not working. I managed to get the old one down and the new one halfway assembled on Saturday, around a bunch of Girl Scout activities and dinner with friends. Today I finished.

I'd never put one together, and was a little nervous. I know it should be easy, but I had the guy that replaced our doors last year say that he has lots of people screw them up and not get them lined up well. So I went slow, reading all the directions a few times and moving carefully to assemble things. It probably should have been a 2 hour job, but I bet I spent 5 this weekend getting it done.

And it worked! The first time it opened the door smoothly and closed it. Programming the remotes was pretty simple, though the built in one in the Prius didn't want to work and for some reason was kicking on my dust collector, but I'll sort that out this week.

For now we have a working garage door again, which means the Prius can get back in the garage.

No comments: