I wrote a bunch of things for my professional career for 2010, and they’re good. However it made me think that there should be a few things that I accomplish in 2010 around my life. I haven’t given this a lot of thought, so I may modify things, but I wanted to get some things down that will get me moving for the year.
- Build a cabinet – I’ve never built a real cabinet with doors, and so this is the year I want to tackle that project.
- organize the garage – It’s been a mess since we moved in, and getting worse. I can hardly move in there. And we can’t find things.
- Hang some drywall in the basement. Not a ton, but get the corner done where I shoot podcasts. Once that’s done I can more easily look to have someone finish other things.
- Learn 6 new songs on the guitar. That’s not a lot, but I’d love to have 6 songs to play for people to sing when we go camping in the summer.
- Cook outdoors more. I got a Dutch Oven for Christmas and I need to practice a bit, learning to cook some meals for the Scouts, and for us when we camp. I would like to get 10 good meals prepared in here this year.
- Clean our office closet, like the garage, it’s a mess
- Get a desk setup for podcasting downstairs and make them look better.
- Play more games with the kids – board games, card games, even Wii or XBOX, but I want to make it a point to get them involved more with us as a family.
- Run for two years. That would get me to Sept 9, through another ski season, and another baseball season.
- Get my black belt. I’m close, and I ought to finish it this year, with some effort
There are many more things I want to do, but time is limited. I’d like to do more for scouts, but Delaney is still young, and we have time. Plus it’s likely to be a busy year getting Kyle off to college, trying to spend some time with him before he goes, skiing, girl scouts, etc. I think 2011 will be a better year to pick some new things like Scouts.