I was trying to get to the shade shelters today, but gave up when I realized it was getting late and I had a bunch of writing and other stuff to do.
Then Kyle said he didn’t have to work, so that freed up about 90minutes that I was planning on getting ahead with editing. Instead I did my run and then went outside.
My plan was to drop the metal and tools off by the shade shelter to get them out of the trailer and then get started. In between getting the back of the trailer open and dropping the metal I had to walk back for snips (couldn’t drag all 11 pieces out at once), the saw to cut the edges down to 18 ft, and the dogs.
Once I get set up, I lifted a piece up on the roof, grabbed the drill and screws, climbed up, carefully aligned the top and sides and …
climbed back down and took it down. The screws were hex drive, not Phillips, so I had to the garage for the nut driver. From there it was getting dark, about 6:00pm, so I raced back, put my piece up there and screwed it down in about 5 minutes. It was so quick I decided to go ahead and do another one, putting the second one up there and getting into two rafters and securing it. I think it looks pretty good, but of course I can’t tell because it’s dark. My guess is when I walk down Saturday it will take about 20 minutes to get everything done on this shelter.
Then my guess it will take longer to get the 4 pieces to the other shelter than it will to screw them in.